Penponds (Parish)


Grid Reference: SW 63 39

Ecclesiastical parish, created in 18461 from part of the parish of Camborne. Archdeaconry of Cornwall. Deanery of Penwith, 1844-1875; Deanery of Carnmarth, 1875-1915; Deanery of Carnmarth North, 1915-present.

Hundred of Penwith. Camborne civil parish.

Chronological Sequence

Penponds, 1884, 1980, 2009

Forms by Earliest Occurrence

Penponds : 1884, 1980, 2009



Formed in 1846 from the parish of Camborne.
Symons, 1884

Youngs, 1980, p65

Population 1,825. 3,250 acres.
TDD, 2009, p76

Place Names in the Parish of Penponds

Related Pages

External Links