Hessenford (Parish)


Grid Reference: SX 30 57

Ecclesiastical parish, created in 1834 from part of the parish of St Germans. Archdeaconry of Cornwall, 1851-1878; Archdeaconry of Bodmin, 1878-? Deanery of East Wivelshire. The parish was later merged back into the parish of St Germans.

Hundred of East. St Germans and Deviock civil parishes.

Chronological Sequence

Hessenford, 1884, 1980

Forms by Earliest Occurrence

Hessenford : 1884, 1980



Formed in 1852 out of part of the parish of St Germans.
Symons, 1884

Youngs, 1980, p61

Part of St Germans Group Parish.
TDD, 2009, p52

Place Names in the Parish of Hessenford

Related Pages

External Links