Budock (Civil Parish)


Civil parish. Hundred of Kerrier to 1834. Falmouth Poor Law Union, 1834-1894. Falmouth Rural Sanitary District, 1875-1892; part in Falmouth Rural Sanitary District, part in Falmouth Urban Sanitary District and part in Falmouth Municipal Borough, 1892-1894. The parish was abolished in 1894, the part in Falmouth Municipal Borough being used to create Budock Urban civil parish and the parts in Falmouth Rural Sanitary District and Falmouth Urban Sanitary District being used to create Budock Rural civil parish. The parish was then recreated in 1934 when it became part of Kerrier Rural District, 1934-1974. Kerrier District, 1974-2009. Falmouth and Penryn Community Network, 2009-present.

Penryn Parliamentary Borough to 1832. Part in West Parliamentary Division, 1832-1885; part in Penryn and Falmouth Parliamentary Borough, 1832-1894; part in Truro Parliamentary Division, 1885-1894. Penryn and Falmouth Parliamentary Borough, 1934-1948. Falmouth and Camborne Parliamentary Constituency, 1948-2010. Camborne and Redruth Parliamentary Constituency, 2010-present.


Grid Reference: SW 78 32
Year 1801 1851 1901 1951 2001
Acres 3,320* 4,214 n/a 2,388 2,392
Population 779 2,069 n/a 914 1,399

Chronological Sequence

Budock, 1980, 2011

Forms by Earliest Occurrence

Budock : 1980, 2011



Youngs, 1980, p59

OS, 1:25000, 2011

Place Names in the Civil Parish of Budock


Related Pages

External Links