Civil parish in Devon, the area of which was coincident with the ecclesiastical parish of Broadwoodwidger which was part of the Diocese of Truro from 1875 to 1922. Hundred of Lifton. Launceston Poor Law Union, 1852-1930. Launceston Rural Sanitary District, 1875-1894. Broadwoodwidger Rural District, 1894-1966. The parish was enlarged in 1884 by gaining part of the parish of Lifton and in 1885 by gaining part of the parish of Bratton Clovelly.
South Devon Parliamentary Division, 1867-1885. West Devon Parliamentary Division, 1885-1918. Tavistock Parliamentary Division, 1918-1948.
|Grid Reference: SX 41 89|
Forms by Earliest Occurrence
Broadwoodwidger : 1980
Youngs, 1980, p79