Bridgerule West (Civil Parish)


Civil parish in Devon, but lying west of the River Tamar. Created in 1866. Holsworthy Poor Law Union, 1866-1930. Holsworthy Rural Sanitary District, 1875-1894. Holsworthy Rural District, 1894-1950. Abolished in 1950 when it united with the parish of Bridgerule East to form the parish of Bridgerule.

Western (Devon) Parliamentary Division, 1866-1918. Tavistock Parliamentary Division, 1918-1948. Tavistock County Constituency, 1948-1950.


Grid Reference: SX 07 67
Year 1801 1851 1901 1951 2001
Acres n/a n/a 1,016 n/a n/a
Population n/a n/a 223 n/a n/a

Chronological Sequence

Bridgerule West, 1884, 1980

Forms by Earliest Occurrence

Bridgerule West : 1884, 1980


Bridgerule West

Part of Bridgerule parish on the Cornwall side of the Tamar, hundred of Stratton.
Symons, 1884

Youngs, 1980, p79

Place Names in the Civil Parish of Bridgerule West

Related Pages

External Links